Jeffrey W. Jacobs
Jeff has been a practicing attorney in Edina, Eden Prairie and Bloomington and greater Minnesota since 1980, representing clients in workers compensation matters and Minnesota Board of Nursing issues. He also maintains an active mediation and arbitration practice in workers compensation, employment and other civil litigation matters. Jeff is also a labor arbitrator with a practice throughout the Midwest. He is on the Minnesota BMS, Iowa PERB, Wisconsin WERC and Montana BOPA arbitrator panels, the National Mediation Board, the FMCS Region 3 and Region 5 arbitration panels, the AAA labor arbitration panel as well as multiple permanent umpireships and arbitration panels throughout the country. Jeff is also a member of the National Academy of Arbitrators.
Jeff is a frequent lecturer at CLE sponsored events and at other legal and arbitration-mediation seminars before practicing lawyers, judges and labor advocates. He has authored many articles and seminar materials on workers compensation law, Board of Nursing practice, labor and employment issues and arbitration practice and procedure.
Jeff graduated from the University of Minnesota in 1977, with a Bachelor of Arts and went on to earn his Juris Doctor from the University of Minnesota in 1980.
• University of Minnesota, J.D., cum laude 1980
• University of Minnesota, B.A., 1977
• Minnesota Supreme Court, 1980
• U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 1980
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS:
• National Academy of Arbitrators
• Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association, Workers Compensation Section
• Minnesota Chapter Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution
• Minnesota State Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
• Hennepin County Bar Association
KEY PRACTICE AREAS:
• Workers Compensation
• Board of Nursing matters
• Labor and Employment
• Labor Arbitration
For more information, visit: www.jeffreyjacobsarbitrator.com