Christopher J. Johnston
Chris Johnston’s practice focuses on civil litigation with an emphasis on real property and construction disputes. Chris has extensive experience representing developers, builders, contractors, and subcontractors in all phases of mechanics’ lien litigation. Chris represents clients through all stages of litigation including arbitration, mediation, motion practice, and trial.
Chris graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School, cum laude, where he was on the Dean’s List, Student Director of the Housing Law Clinic, member of the Minnesota Journal of Law, Science, & Technology, and Judicial Extern in the 2nd Judicial District. He received his undergraduate degree, B.A. in English with honors, magna cum laude, from the University of North Dakota.
Chris began working at Wilkerson as a civil litigation law clerk during law school and is a member of the Minnesota and Hennepin County Bar Associations. In his free time, Chris enjoys playing softball and is an avid fan of the Minnesota Twins and North Dakota men’s hockey.
• University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2007
• University of North Dakota, B.A., magna cum laude, 2004
• Minnesota Supreme Court, 2007
• U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2009
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS:
• Minnesota State Bar Association – Real Property, Civil Litigation and New Lawyers Sections
• Hennepin County Bar Association – Real Property, Civil Litigation and New Lawyers Sections
• American Bar Association
KEY PRACTICE AREAS:
• Construction and Real Estate Litigation
• Business and Commercial Litigation
• Mechanics’ Lien Litigation
• Access and Boundary Disputes
• General Civil Litigation